Monday, February 6, 2012

Breath of Life

God,



"God breathed life into the man, and the man started breathing." (Genesis 1:7) To me, this illustrates the beauty of the care and love that You have for us. In this creation story, You give us life from Your lips to ours. In my mind, I can see the limp body of Adam become alive as Your breath of life leaves Your mouth and enters the lungs of Adam.

The intimacy between You and Adam is so clearly presented by this image. The care of You bending down and taking Adam's head in Your hands and breathing the very life that we currently have into existence just goes to show the relationship that was originally created.

Even though I know that the concept of being in a relationship with You is a fairly recent idea, I can not help but read this line over and over and just Praise Your Name for life.

Thank You for my life. I have written about it earlier but I should have been mentally retarded according to medical doctors but I am not. You breathed life into me and for that I am thankful. Even during difficult times, I need to praise You and be thankful for the life I have been given.

Thanks for breathing life into us,

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment