Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sin

God,

We have all heard the word, sin. In our heads, I think that it brings up many images from murder to hate, from adultery to lust and from gossip to violence. I also think that many of us know that sin is doing what is wrong but how often do I forget that not doing what is right is also sin.

It is a sin when someone knows the right thing to do and doesn’t do it. (James 4:17)

  • How many times have I known the right thing and walked away?
  • How many times have I not given someone money that needed it?
  • How many times have I not spoken a kind word just because I didn't like the person?
  • How many times have I not shared Your love for someone just because I was scared?
What happens when the right thing to do becomes blurry? Are there varying levels of what is right? I know that murder is wrong but if someone breaks in my house and tries to harm my family, is murder then not wrong? Is there good and then greater good?

I want to do right by You and by others. God, grant me the wisdom to know what is right and the strength to follow that path wherever it might lead me.

Wanting to do right,

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment