Thursday, February 9, 2012

Goldfish Memory

God,



Why is it that we quickly forget Your promises? How is it that You can bless us and then hours, days or weeks later we forget what You have done?

Abram was the same. In the beginning of Genesis chapter 12, Abram receives a blessing and promise from God. However, just a short time later Abram feels that he has to lie about Sarai being his wife when they travel to Egypt. You had just promised to bless Abram beyond measure, beyond understanding and beyond human possibility.

How many of us when our situation seems tough, tries to take matters into our own hands? I know that there have been plenty of times in my life that I have forgotten so quickly what You have done.

I think that the key is to have some sort of visual reminder to remember Your blessings, Your call or Your Whispers. Times are tough, life is difficult and we all need to remember that You have spoke to us. I need Your help to remember, I need Your help not to forget and I need Your help to not try and take matters into my own hands.

Remembering Your Blessings,

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment