Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feeling Loved

God,



Today is Valentine's Day. I have always been very forunate because Kat does not really care about this day. She is very frugal and does not want me to waste money on the inflated cost of flowers or candy that she will not eat. Over the years, we have always done some small things for each other. This year, I was given a card that Kat and the kids had made and it was amazing. The card was heart-shaped and had handprints cut out to say "I love you" in sign language from each of the kids. It was the perfect card for this day.

However, Kat posted something on her facebook page today that spoke to me. She quoted this verse:
My friends, let us continue to love each other since ALL love comes from God. (1 John 4). Today is a day that should be about love. So today, I want to change my perspective about this day. I want to be thankful for the Love that You have put in my life. The love that You have for me, the love that my wife has for me and the love that my beautiful kids share with me each day.

However, I hope that each day is a day to celebrate love and to share love and to love and be loved.

Let me Love others the way that You love me, unconditionally.

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment