I just finished the short book, Be a Circle Maker, by Mark Batterson. It was a great book on learning to pray bigger prayers to You. I do not feel that this is part of the theology, "Name and Claim it." However, I do feel that it challenged me to pray differently. Here are some of my favorite quotes:
- His prayer was was resolute yet humble, confident yet meek, expectant yet unassuming.
- If your prayers aren't impossible to you, they are insulting to God (I had heard Steven Furtick say this before reading this but I really love this thought)
- The greatest moments in life are the miraculous moments when human impotence and divine omnipotence intersect- and they intersect when we draw a circle around the impossible situations in our lives and invite God to intervene.
- Who you become is determined by how you pray.
- Miracles are the by product of prayers that were prayed by you and for you.
- The greatest tragedy in life is the prayers that go unanswered because they go unasked.
- Yet many of pray as if our problems are bigger than God.
- I don't always know if He will, but I always know that He can.
- But God doesn't call the qualified, God qualifies the called.
- Sometimes the power of prayer is the power to carry on.
Learning to Pray Bigger, more Audacious Prayers