Thursday, January 26, 2012

Are you a Circle Maker?

God,



I just finished the short book, Be a Circle Maker, by Mark Batterson. It was a great book on learning to pray bigger prayers to You. I do not feel that this is part of the theology, "Name and Claim it." However, I do feel that it challenged me to pray differently. Here are some of my favorite quotes:

  • His prayer was was resolute yet humble, confident yet meek, expectant yet unassuming.
  • If your prayers aren't impossible to you, they are insulting to God (I had heard Steven Furtick say this before reading this but I really love this thought)
  • The greatest moments in life are the miraculous moments when human impotence and divine omnipotence intersect- and they intersect when we draw a circle around the impossible situations in our lives and invite God to intervene.
  • Who you become is determined by how you pray.
  • Miracles are the by product of prayers that were prayed by you and for you.
  • The greatest tragedy in life is the prayers that go unanswered because they go unasked.
  • Yet many of pray as if our problems are bigger than God.
  • I don't always know if He will, but I always know that He can.
  • But God doesn't call the qualified, God qualifies the called.
  • Sometimes the power of prayer is the power to carry on.
God, thank you for Mark Batterson and the words that You gave him. I know that I am called, may you qualify me. Help me to draw prayer circles around the big dreams that You have given me. Help me and those who read these words believe that You can answer our prayers.

Learning to Pray Bigger, more Audacious Prayers

Derek


No comments:

Post a Comment