Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hiding from God

God,



"But the LORD God called to the man, “Where are you?” He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.” And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from? (Genesis 3:9-11)"

Thank you for this scripture God. I have the privilege of speaking to our Youth Group tomorrow night and this is the scripture that I will be speaking from. We are still so much like Adam. So many of us feel that we can hide from You. This scripture hits on so many levels.

  • Do we hide because we are scared of what you will see?
  • Do we hide because we think that we can fool you?
  • Do we hide because of our sin, our secrets, or our thoughts?
Even today, we think that You can't see us. Do we not realize that we are still just as naked before You as Adam was so many years ago?

"The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them (Genesis 3: 21)." Even when Adam and us sin and fall, You are there with your grace, love and forgiveness to clothe us and to make us whole again.

Thanks for the garments,

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment