Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Your Grace Amazes Me

God,

Wow does not begin to do you any justice God for how amazing you are. Since September, I have been praying for God to answer a prayer request. Sometime in October, I knew that God for sure was telling me to share His Love with my dad before he would begin to answer my prayer. Even though I knew the answer, I still found ways to avoid being obedient. How many times does God ask us to do something and we find ways to avoid being obedient?

If you read my blog from yesterday, you knew that I finally made a decision to write my dad an email. After hitting the send button, I was taken back to all of my emails.

 In my inbox was an email that was the answer to the prayer that I had been praying for since September. God, you are so cool. I can't explain all of the details right now but it is truly an amazing story of obedience but more importantly about your Grace. At any moment along this way, You could have decided to not answer my request because I was not following through on what you asked me. Instead at the exact moment that I am obedient, you bring the answer. Your grace amazes me.

In the grander scheme of things, I hope that this means that I followed through at the time that I was supposed to and that Your Word can make a difference for my dad.

Derek

P.S. On a side note, I went to the class Sex Begins in the Kitchen. I want to be a better husband to my wife and I hope that I continue to learn ways to be a better and more attentive husband. God speak through this book and our wonderful teachers, Ken and Dawn O'Brien.

No comments:

Post a Comment