Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Becoming Content

God,

Twice today, I had conversations about contentment. God, I am trying to be more aware of what you are saying to me. I think that overall I am very content with my life but I struggle because I know that there are things that I am not content with.
  •  How do I fix being discontent?
  •  Can discontentment be used for change?
  •  Is being discontent always a bad thing?
  •  Can contentment become a crutch to keep us from being the men/women that You have called us to be?
I think there exists a tight rope between being content and becoming stagnant. If we stay content, I wonder if that means that we are not being challenged. I think that we can be content with our life despite our circumstances which is an amazing thing. I think that the idea of contentment allows for much discussion.

God, help me to be content when I need to be content and understand what I need to learn when I am discontent.

Waiting for answers,

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment