Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sunsets

God,



This afternoon, Kat (my wife) was driving Bennett and Celia to get Bennett's hair cut.
On the way, Bennett said, "Mama, look pink sky."
Kat was driving towards the horizon and responded to Bennett, "Yes, that is the sunset."
Bennett said, "Yeah, God made it."

As Kat recounted this story to me on the phone, I was struck and reminded that children often have such wisdom and faith. If only, we as adults would retain our childlike faith.

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it (Luke 18:17)."

How quickly we forget to watch the sunset and admire Your creation. How quickly we get so caught up in our lives, our worries and our fears that we don't even take the time to notice the sunset that You created.

As I was starting to write this blog, Kat reminded me of a song that has spoken to both of us lately. Check out this Gungor song. May we be reminded that You have created beautiful things all around us and we need to slow down and admire Your creation even as we look in the mirror.

Thank You for being a Wonderful Creator,

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment